http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

30 October 2006

Mouse

Today, I disconnected the mouse and see if I can survive without that.

The main reason for not using a mouse is my desk is too small. Getting rid of it would save me a little more space. Second, should be more important but actually not the main reason this time, is more wrist hurts again.

It all begins when I was working on my MSW dissertation back in 2002. I had to rush it through the deadline, and I wrote much more than required. The worst part was I got lots of tables (more than 40 or may be even more) in my dissertation. I kept using the mouse to drag the information here and there, change format to make them easier to read, etc.; and at the end my right wrist hurt so much that I couldn't even hold a pen. I thought I couldn't write any more.

Then, it gets much better later on, but it hurts again one day when I woke up last week. May be I am doing to much knitting lately (yes, knitting and knitting to rush the a Christmas present for a pair of twin boys). I hope not using the mouse and depending on commands can be a relief for my wrist.

So, I am going to the doctor again this Friday. Have to prepare for it. I guess after this visit, I shouldn't need to go again anymore until the next pain hits me. My knee's getting better and better, except walking up and downhill too much, and after the first half hour of the stretching class. However, I also notice that since I am not doing enough "exercise" (well, I didn't do any in the past, but at least I used the stair!) for a year, I am not as "strong" as in the past. It's hard work simply walking a few steps up.

P.S.(1) Back to work tomorrow, after Chung Yang Festival long weekend. No more public holiday until Christmas :(

P.S.(2) I am reading "The Historian". Critics said it's comparable to the Da Vinci Code, but I find it not as attractive though. I will try to find a copy of 1984 to prepare for the HK Arts Festival next year (there's a 1984 drama performance). Last time I read it was in Grade 12 as English 30 reading, and I am twice as old now! My goodness.

3 comments:

Subtropicalboy said...

Some sort of hand rest would help. The Government actually provides such for its employees.

Matt Lam said...

Alice borrowed my copy of 1984 to read! I was so proud :P

Ida's Studio said...

To Jerry -- Hand rest is already too late for me, and actually I am using it. I thinking triaining my left hand is a way out :P

To Matt -- So Alice is reading a G12 reading while still in junior high. What's she planning to do in high school then? (just kidding)
BTW, I always want to ask you how did you post a Chinese poem to your blog. I am quite sure you can't type Chinese (unless you are using Putonghua pinyin). I think you are copying from a website, but how could you find one when you couldn't search for it using some Chinese terms.
Also, when are you going to return to Vancouver? I see that you are travelling for months but can't see you doing any work!