http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

17 May 2006

Typhoon ChanChu

So typhoon ChanChu has come and is now going away.

It only got to Typhoon Signal #3 today, so everything was running as usual except kindergartens were off today because of the weather :) It also didn't rain as heavy as the Observatory predicted, but it's very windy.

How windy? Well, all the garbage bins on the streets were tied to a lamp post or something strong like the picture on the left. When I had my evening walk tonight, my hair was of course flying in the air, but at some point, I even had to hold my glasses tight or I was afraid it would fly away too.

2 comments:

Rosanna =) said...

Was it the "Ida Observatory" that predicted the rain?
I hate when the wind blows my hair all over...so I'm glad we don't get typhoons here!

Ida's Studio said...

The HK Observatory predicted the rain, but Ida Observatory predicted there would be no rain as my knees haven't hurted unusually! I certainly should get a job there. Lately, my right knee synchronizes with the "Thunder Storm Warning Signal". It hurts when the warning signal is on, even if there's no rain at all.