http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

06 May 2006

Disappearance of Physics Building and V-Wing

Oh, my God! This is what I read from the alumni news.

The main office of the Civil Engg Dept has already been relocated from the C(ivil-)E(lectrical )B(uilding) to the new Markin/CNRL Natural Resources Engineering Facility some times ago, and now the Physics Building and V-Wing are even being demolished.

So sad.

I don't think I had had a lot of classes in the Physics Building, but V-Wing was almost my third home during my years in the U of A. (First being HUB and second being CEB, especially during my grad school year when I had an office there.) There's even one time when I almost dropped all the way down from the top of the stairs at a V-Wing lecture theatre cause I wasn't quite woke up yet.

Those were the days.

4 comments:

A Kwan said...

So sad indeed... (I don't know the news until I heard it from you...)

Memory seems to be so fragile; I wish the buildings could be there all the time. Ida, please keep good memory of those days, so I could reconstruct them from you memories. Well, I will try my best too. :)

Anonymous said...

I am not going to say I will miss V-Wing much.

Yes, I did spent considerable amount of time there having classing, eating lunches (it got a public microwave besides the vending machine) and having cat nap between classes (yes, you read it right).

It is too 60ish feel both outside and inside. It done its duty and served its time. Wish the new building would be more stylish.

diana said...

you should see these new engineering buildings, they are beautiful! that's what big donations to the u of a can buy us these days. state of the art.

Ida's Studio said...

Good to know there's donation! Not very easy nowadays, at least in HK.

Yup, old stuff has to be knocked down if they no longer cope with the development or too old too maintain. Too bad that I hadn't had much pictures at there.