http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

04 September 2006

It's good for HK$200



















See my bookshelf? No, no, no! Not the Elmo cookie jar nor the picture with me, Sara and Simon all wearing the same clothes! Look at my books. See what do I have?

Tonight, mom invited a contractor home to check out the price for our moving at the end of the month. (Yes, we are moving again, but we aren't confirmed where to move yet!) Mom said the lady looked around and saw this particular shelf with all the books I bought at the time when I was studying for my MSW, and asked "Is your daughter a social worker? It's so meaningful! I will ask for HK$200 less." So here we are saving HK$200 for all those I spent on tuition :P

P.S. Quite a few of my friends are leaving for long trip -- one going to Dubai for a half-year work trip (!); one going for South Africa for three months (!); and one go to all those places I can't figure out where they are until her money's all gone (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So, have a nice trip, friends :)

P.P.S. The moving lady looked at mine and my sis' doors and asked mom, "One of your daughters likes McMug, and the other one likes Snoopy. Are they little girls?"

5 comments:

diana said...

i saw the lion king broadway show when i was in london! it was soooo good! i don't really like musicals, but i like the lion king, and it was totally worth it.

Anonymous said...

I am safe and sound in Dubai (though I am having a mild sore throat). It is a lot less bored as my younger brother is also here working at the same project (he is an system engineer while I am playing with soil and rock and groundwater as usual). His hotel apartmenet is only a 10 to 15 min. walk away from mine. And the best thing is, he cooks dinner for the both of us.

BTW, haven't you in the ICQ lately.

Ida's Studio said...

I uninstalled the ICQ in the office so you saw me less law.
Your brother does cooking? Sounds better than your last stay. Have an apartment this time?

Anonymous said...

Nothing compared with Hilton lar. This time I am staying in a 3 star hotel apartment with kitchen, washing machine etc. Need some time to get used to it. It is quite decent and clear. The best is, it has internet access (a bit slow). Overall, it is better for pro-long stay.

Ida's Studio said...

3 star hotel apartment...i suppose it's still quite good, if you are not comparing with Hilton :)