http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

13 February 2005

新春大吉

新春大吉! How's your holiday? Distribute/receive a lot of red pockets?

My five-day holiday have finally come to an end. Tomorrow everything will be back to normal (if I still remember how to work).

What did I do? Basically nothing. I only have Chinese tea with my few relatives on the father's side on the second day of the Chinese New Year (my brother needed to work on the CNY Day); watched The Incredibles (and ate a lot of pop corns); packed some old books to donate to a charity sale; did some reading and knitting, watched a lot of TV and ate a lot (and gained a lot of weight). That's it. That's my CNY holiday.

Any thing excited? Well, yes, before the CNY. As in last year, I was at the HK Alliance's booth at the Victoria Park "Flower Market" on the CNY Eve and the weekend before that to help Mr. Szeto Wah to 寫揮春 to raise funds for the Alliance.

It rained a little bit on the CNY Eve so there weren't as many people as last year and so did our business, but Mr. Szeto still wrote a lot of
揮春. Many of the people came to the Alliance's booth every year to ask Mr. Szeto to write 揮春 for the family. One dad told us that their family has been asking Mr. Szeto to write 揮春 since his eldest son was in primary school and now the once little kid had already graduated from the university!

The most popular
揮 春 was still 身體健康. Little kids liked 大吉大利. Some weird ones included 日日爆數 (they were sales); 身懷六甲 (needless to explain, she's an A-level student taking six subjects); 查找不足 (not only for Tung Chee Hwa but for us to remind ourselves to do better), etc.

I stayed at the booth till around 2:30am and visited some of the booths closest to the Alliance's. Here's what I got:




I wanted to buy a big stuffed strawberry, which I saw in TV but I couldn't find it in the market so I bought some happy face flowers instead.

Here's my mom's "real" flower for the CNY:



Happy Chinese New Year again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida!

Nice BLOG! It's nice to read so I can see how you are doing!
Take Care! =)