http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

19 November 2007

District Councils Elections 2007

I woke up at 4:30am (not what I wanted nor planned) this morning, and figured out that some of the people I know or some of the people I wanted them to win had lost their seats in the District Councils Election yesterday. I was quite upset and couldn't fall into sleep again for a while.

However, I am also proud that one of my friends had run her campaign beautifully. Although she lost, at least she got enough votes to have her deposit back :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Hongkers (hong kong people) are not ready to have democracy yet. Many of us still don't have the determination and conviction to fight for our rights for univeral sufferage. No wonder DAB is winning this round!!!!

Ida's Studio said...

To look at it this way -- we exercised our civil and political right to reject universal suffrage.

Anonymous said...

What a paradox. I bet Socrates would cry in his grave (or in heavn).