http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

13 March 2006

Rose, I got your T-shirt



















I received the package when I was struggling with the credit card customer service, that had some problems verifying my signature to return me the extra credit, this afternoon.

So, thanks Rose. It arrives safely and shorter than two weeks :) Please tell your dad the Canada Post is very reliable :)

My "next desk" colleague suggested me to wear the Elmo-tee with a long-sleeve T-shirt underneath. I guess I will try it on this Saturday, on that, I plan to visit the Arts Museum after work :P

In addition to receiving the Elmo-tee, things also begin to get normal. The customer service woman finally, successfully verified my signature after I signed four times. My arms and legs are also getting better, especially the arms. If I got darker skin, maybe the dots are even less visble. This afternoon when we went to "drink Chinese tea" for lunch, the three of us could only order chicken and Chinese mushroom congee, tu-fu, vegetable and BBQ pork bun, cause two out of three of us needed to stay away from a variety of different foods!

For my cousins, yesterday morning we went "bai shan" of our great grand mother (my dad's grandma). We were supposed to meet at 7:30am (!) at Fan Ling Kowloon-Canton Railway station. This means we (i.e. Sara and me) needed to travel on MTR from HK Island East (home) all the way to the west of the Island, then across the harbour to get on the KCR and travelled all the way to Fan Ling (i.e. north-east of New Territories)!!!!! It should take us around an hour, much shorter than during "day" time as the trains were pratically empty in early morning of Sunday. But then, we came across a guy that for some reasons fell on the rail when we were in the middle of the way to Fan Ling and we got stuck on the train for half an hour! We all said we should stay in bed longer instead :(

We finally arrived the KCR station at 8am and then took a taxi. I haven't been to "bai shan" for quite a number of years, but I still could remember those pictures of elderly beside our great grandmother :)

We left at around 10am and arrived home at 12:30pm something. The first thing we did was to rush back to bed!

P.S. Suddently I think that maybe the irritation is due to the dry weather...you know, old people are more sensitive to the external environment. When I was young, I didn't even put on body lotion in Edmontion!

2 comments:

Rosanna =) said...

wow! that was fast!! I will pass the message along to my dad...he'll be very happy since we always say that canada post sucks! hahaha. Boy, that's a LONG way to go for "bai shan"!!! And if I remember correctly, once you get there, you still have to climb a thousand steps, right?? It's nice that we just have to drive there and walk over to each gravesite. Whatever we have to do to pay our respects to our ancestors...I'm sure their lives were much harder than any of ours so it's the least we can do! =)
P.S. what kind of guy falls on the tracks????

Ida's Studio said...

Yes, we still need to climb up the hill to reach great grandma. I feel sorry for those who need to climb up much higher than we do :P

And then when we left, the road to the point we got off the taxi was closed, so we needed to walk another 40minutes downhill to reach a taxi to the closest KCR station. May be dad is right that we go early. When we were walking down the hill, we saw those late comers had to go the opposite direction before climbing the thousand steps! I don't think we can handle all the walk.

The weather was nice on Sunday morning, around 22-24C (it dropped to around 14C the same night!), so it's a nice picnic.