http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

12 March 2006

A miserable day

I haven't blogged for anything "interesting" for a long time, but I am going to tell you a series of bad lucks I had yesterday, all happened within eight hours.

In short, I lost my bank book yesterday. According to the teller, I had to close my old account and open a new one. I stood in the bank for an hour, and when the procedure was almost done, the bank book was found! [Things always happen like this.] I dropped it in the shopping mall of my housing estate on the way to the bank, and someone picked it up and returned it to the bank before I walked the same route twice to search for the bank book :(

And then, I tried to transfer some money to my mom. But well, the ATM machine told me I didn't have enough money! No enough money? I am always left penniless but I am not that poor to have less than a few thousands dollars. So I checked out the transaction for the past month, and I found that when I paid for my credit card balance, I paid one more zero...i.e., if it's only HK$1,000, I had paid HK$10,000!!!!! I called the credit card customer service centre and they promised to send me the extra amount in a bank draft in seven working days :(

So all this happened in late morning. When I left home again at around 2pm to watch a drama, I found that my right wrist had some red dots on it. I put off my jackets and saw that both of my arms were full of red dots...scary...

I spent two hours for the drama, went to the office to pick up some personal stuff I left behind and went to a hospital out-patient clinic. I waited for about 45 minutes (All day yesterday was about lining up and waited and wasted the whole day. Good that I always have a book with me.), and answered no to almost all questions the doctor asked about possible cause of irritation (no to new pet, no to new cleaning items, no to any known allergic, etc.). So. The doctor's conclusion was that it's either an irritation or sign before a big flu. He gave me nothing. No pills cause he couldn't confirm what it was yet; and no cream cause it was not even itching...

So. That's my day yesterday.

For the red dots, they seem to get better when my skin is not scratching with anything (e.g. clothes). My arms are much better cause I wear short-sleeves T-shirt at home. My legs are also a bit better as I wear loose pants but worst when I wore jeans this morning and yesterday. I will see how it goes and decide if I need to see a doctor again.

For my new bank account, still a lot to follow up...chaning all the autopay accounts (especially the salary part!), apply for a new "pay by phone service" account...etc.

:~

P.S. So I know now where my money goes -- the doctors and taxi drivers!

2 comments:

Swedish Sensation said...

did you happen to change your laundry detergent?

Ida's Studio said...

The thing is no...no new laundry detergent, no to anything that I haven't done before. The only "abnormal" thing I did was to have a big breakfast that morning. The "causeless" irritation makes me quite disturbed :(