http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

10 August 2007

Everbody safely home?

Typhoon Pabuk turned away from HK on Wednesday, but suddenly returned again this morning. In just a few hours, it goes on from Typhoon No.1, 3 and then 8 at about 2:30pm.

This was how we crowded at the entrance of the Admiralty MTR station:














Before we passed the gate:














On the platform:














I should have gone for a drink first!

P.S. I would like to thank a group of young people who looked like a group of HKU students in an orientation camp.

While I was still waiting on the platform, the train came and they were inside. There were around ten to twenty of them, all wearing dark green polo shirts, and they wanted to get out of the train.

For those who have a taste of the HK MTR system during peak hours, you should have expected that those on the platform (excluding me) would try to push into the train although it's all packed with people and quite a number of them tried to get off.

With this group of young people on the train, they kept shouting together "let people get off first; let us get off; you can only get on board if we are off", etc., and they united and pushed...... Yes! They were off the train and left a lot of space inside, making me safely on the train finally :)

2 comments:

Rosanna =) said...

OMG!!! SOOOO many people!!!

Next time I should try that yelling & pushing technique but somehow I don't think it would work as well with only two people...=)

Where are ppl's logic when they try to force themselves inside before letting a crowd out??
This is the "fong sei seet dai/fong sei jup sue" mentality. *sigh* Will it ever change....

Ida's Studio said...

I think it will never change. We have a rather poor quality of people here.

I tried to step aside to let those more eager people to go in first, but then I was being pushed here and there and couldn't quite control myself.

Again, I should have gone for some food rather than going to the MTR station right away. I only had my lunch at 5pm when I was back home!