http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

07 April 2006

The 20-pound Mission (Impossible)

I watched a local indie band show couple of weeks ago. Among the audience, I saw quite a number of young, pretty and skinny girls with sleeveless tanks. I think, although I couldn’t be young and pretty, at least I should try to lose some weight for the summer. So, here’s my most important project during recent years – to lose 20 pounds for the upcoming summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about the number. It’s only a slogan to show my commitment. But I really want to lose some weight to buy clothes more easily :)

So. My number one and most important challenge of this “20-pound Mission” is that – I practically can’t do any exercise due to my knee except swimming, which is something I don’t know how to do and I don’t like to do.

So. What I am going to do focus mostly on diet and “walking exercise”:

On the diet part,

* avoid any oily food, food with source, sweet, pops, junk food, etc. (That almost means I can only have sandwich, sandwich, and sandwich for lunch!)

* don’t eat so full each meal, especially dinner; eat as little as possible during dinner time

* eat more fruit and drink more water

* may be drinking more green tea, which is said to be “fat-burning and cancer-preventive”

On the exercise part,

* walk as much as possible (Walking is the other exercise my doctor recommends, but it only includes walking on “flat” surface. Going uphill, downhill, upstairs and downstairs will all hurt my knees), including

* to buy lunch at Pacific Place, so I can walk around the HK Park

* to walk around 30 minutes after supper along the “waterfront park” under my apartment

* last but not least, those leg strengthening exercise my doctor recommends

So. I had tried almost all of the above today. When I tried to do the 30-minute walk at the “waterfront park”, I saw a lot of my neighours doing after-supper exercise there too. I never know HK people are so healthy.

Let’s count how many days I can stay on this mission impossible.

But another thing I think I need to do first is to buy a reliable scales. The digital one Mom has is “funny”. According to it, in just one day, I already lost 2-kg! But last time, it said I was gaining 1-kg per day for a week, when I didn’t do anything special, or wear heavy clothes!!!!!

5 comments:

Rosanna =) said...

wah! I need a scale that tells me I lost 2kg in one day!!
Good for you!! I support your Mission POSSIBLE!!! I need to do it!!! =)

Swedish Sensation said...

Ida, have you considered riding a bicycle? I believe that riding is pretty easy on the knees...my knees feel pretty good on the bike.

Ida's Studio said...

Thanks Rose for the encouragement! You are the only one on earth that believes I can do it :P

To Matt, I think I read from the internet that riding bicycle is something I can do, cause that bending isn't too serious. Let me explore the potential -- first to get a bike, second to learn how to ride on it safely...haha...

diana said...

good luck ida! i believe in you too! i think i need to do the same too. i'm already walking lots in toronto, but i think i need to do more exercise. i'm thinking of joining a run clinic to learn how to run, and maybe doing a 10km run in july. that might be too ambitious though.

and i have no self control with food, i still eat whatever i want, which is bad.

Ida's Studio said...

10km...you will have to start practising now.