http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

11 August 2005

Cantonese VS Mandarin

Still exhausted.

Lately, I am working around the clock. Proofreading the conference proceedings even when I am in the MTR or the elevator. But still, I am too slow. My office hours are full of ad-hoc things that suddently pop up, and I can only sit down quietly at home (!) to do the proofreading.

Apart from work, I have two agenda items lately: (1) on diet; and (2) last minute practice of Mandarin.

I find that I am 15-lb heavier than two years ago (that was the MSW time) so I am alarmed. I try to eat less and do some exercise. Unfortunately, this is not successful. Firstly, I am very tired and always want to eat something good. Secondly, I am too busy for any exercise.

For item #2, it's also in a bad shape. Well, I can't even squeeze the time to do anything else except work, work, work, work and work...

But something interesting happen. The organizer for the Beijing + 10 conference at the end of the month has assigned a not very low rank staff to handle the HK delegation -- someone CAN SPEAK CANTONESE!!!!! What a big surprise!!!!! That really light up my life.

Back to work now...to bad...

No comments: