http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

29 September 2009

Ling...Ling...

I remember when Grandpa's in hospital, I was alarmed every time the phone rang, especially when it rang at odd times.

This round when Grandma's in hospital, not only the phone got me alarmed, but all the emails and beep sounds of chat room put me on guard too.

Usually, it's the "adults" who tell us "kids" what happen in the family. Or, I should say we "overhear" them. This time, since all the "adults" are in Edmonton for Grandma's birthday, this communication channel collapses and we have to rely on our own.

It's Derek who chatted me and told me Grandma's in hospital and gone. Crystal is my "Facebook Watcher" who summarizes things she reads from FB and overhears from her parents and emails me from time to time while I can't really access FB at office. It's Rose who keeps us updated on the latest arrangement via email, and asks us via FB our stories with Grandma so that she can prepare her speech at Grandma's funeral.

Some may say the internet puts people apart, but it sure is the vehicle that holds us together, even during difficult times.

No comments: