http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html

24 May 2005

What a surprise

Lately, I am seriously thinking about taking an art cert at HKU SPACE. Before that, I will take some short and simple drawing classes at a community centre to see if I can still hold a drawing pencil.

When's the last time I drew? I guess it's about 10 years ago during the summer I graduated from college. That summer I stayed in Edmonton, holding a summer research position and preparing to enter grad school. At the same time, I took a drawing class at U of A Faculty of Extension.

I remember I was the slowest at the class. When others were already in the third task, I was still at the first one. But, well, I drew pretty good comparing to the other students in the class so the teacher just accepted my "slowness" and asked me to concentrate and finished the drawing.

I remember I drew a shell during one class and it was given to Mimi when she returned to HK. Her sis told me she saved the front seat to the picture, while asking the sisters to stuck at the backseats.

That was 10 solid years ago. I think the picture was long gone by now.

I took fine arts in F.4. If I didn't go to Edmonton, I always think I would study design in a design school. Arts couldn't fit in my class schedule when I landed on Edmonton to stay at high school, so it was put aside for six years until I took that drawing class, and it is another 10 years since then.

P.S. Why I name this piece "what a surprise"? I read my friend's blog today and she said she's picking up arts again, after ten long years! What a surprise!!!!!

No comments: